October 27, 2008

DEMA

     It's difficult to describe what DEMA is like for people who have never been there or who aren't intimately involved with the diving industry.  It's a frighteningly massive mix between a trade show, family reunion, high pressure sales pitch and non-stop party.  It's a place to meet up with old friends, meet new ones, make plans for the future and experience Las Vegas (kind of creepy actually).  
     Besides Robin getting run over by a crazy lady in a golf cart (get well soon!!!) everything else was fantastic.  I met a lot of new people and have some awesome new plans in the works for the rest of my year, I got to see my man Wes Skiles win a NOGI, OWUSS had a reception that I thought went terrifically and the other scholars and I had a great time at all the different parties and receptions, usually the guests of the ever-gracious Dan and Betty Orr!  All of the OWUSS gang had plenty of chances to hang out and have fun as well.

No comments: